After several days and many, many corroborating sources, Henrique Dias, CFO of the Escambia County Sheriff's Office is missing. These are the facts that have been given to me:
- Dias has not shown up for work for 2 weeks. As a CFO of a county agency, that is highly unusual for a professional who makes one of the highest salaries in the agency and who has great deal of responsibility leveled upon him.
- Prior to not showing up last Monday for work, Henrique had made one of a series of trips to Tallahassee for "non-sheriff's office business".
- A new federal grand jury was convened this week in Tallahassee.
- The ECSO staff suggests that Henrique will not return to work, despite pending issues only he has the skill set to handle.
- Morgan has been MIA for a great deal of the same time. Supposedly at Florida Sheriff's Association training (a bit late for that) in Tallahassee. However, the conference for the Florida Sheriff's Association is being held at Amelia Island for February 4-7, not Tallahassee.
If you have any info on this situation, please contact me.